When Iowans face life’s most difficult moments, we are with them, at EveryStep.
One of Iowa’s oldest nonprofits, EveryStep has provided health care and community services since 1908. Our team of experts are driven by a single purpose — to care for people and connect them with support at every step of their journey. Each year, we help thousands of Iowans cope in times of crisis and move forward with stability, dignity, and hope.
The diversity and breadth of our programs ensure that we can meet a variety of needs at once and provide ongoing assistance over time. More than 30 programs and services:
- Deliver in-home care to people who are ill, injured, or facing the end of life
- Offer compassionate support to families experiencing grief and loss
- Assist new and expecting parents and support the healthy development of young children
- Help Iowans navigate complicated health care and social systems
- Walk alongside refugees and immigrants arriving in our community
- Bring wellness services to places where people are
Serving Iowa from 12 locations, nearly 400 employees and hundreds of volunteers are committed to EveryStep’s mission: We empower individuals, support families, and strengthen communities. There is at least one EveryStep program available to residents in every Iowa county. Every program is important and contributes to our mission.
||EveryStep and president and CEO Tray Wade were honored to be included in the Business Record's Top 25 Most Influential Nonprofits and Business Leader lists, which appeared in the 2021 Book of Lists.
We empower individuals, support families and strengthen communities.
We act with INTEGRITY and RESPECT.
We serve with COMPASSION.
We lead through EXCELLENCE.
We unite through TEAMWORK.
EveryStep is the recognized and trusted leader in supporting people as they navigate life's challenges,
through diverse expertise and inclusive care.