Hawki: Free and Low Cost Insurance for Kids
Hawki is affordable medical and dental insurance through the state of Iowa. Unlike other programs with more restrictive income guidelines, Hawki coverage can help families at a wide variety of income levels. The monthly premium costs are based on income, but no family pays more than $40, regardless of how many children they have. In fact, this resource is open to many families that are unaware of their eligibility - making Hawki a highly underutilized tool in Iowa.
EveryStep assists uninsured and underinsured children and pregnant women sign up for health insurance and find a doctor and dentist. Assistance from EveryStep is free and available year-round. Staff who serve families in Polk and Dallas counties speak English and Spanish; other languages are served by interpreters from EveryStep’s Interpretation program. Our staff can help with the following items:
- Answer questions about Hawki and Medicaid.
- Assist with completing forms and applications.
- Provide same day enrollment and determine eligibility.
- Help families through next steps.
Reach out today at the phone numbers below or fill out the following form on this page.
- Polk and Dallas Counties: (515) 558-6243
- Clinton and Jackson Counties: (515) 631-8582