EveryStep Home Care
EveryStep Home Care is a non-profit provider with experience and a solid reputation going back more than 100 years. We have nurses across Iowa who can provide a wide variety of in-home care services to keep you or your loved one comfortable. Our agency is Medicare-certified and Medicaid-certified.
Please contact EveryStep Home Care if you answer “yes” to two or more of the following questions:
- Have you been recently hospitalized?
- Were you diagnosed with a new illness or disease?
- Have you had a recent medication change?
- Do you need physical, occupational, or speech therapy services?
- Are you at risk for falls?
- Do you have concerns with safety at home?
Let us help you today. Our team of professionals are with you at every step, visiting you in the comfort of your home to provide the following services:
- Infusion/IV therapy.
- Wound and ostomy care.
- Physical, occupational or speech therapy.
- Medication management.
- Disease management.
- Patient care coordination.
- Post-surgical care.
Call 641-856-5467 to reach our Centerville team, which serves the following counties:
Call 641-782-6620 to reach our Creston team, which serves the following counties:
Des Moines Team
Call 515-558-9591 to reach our Des Moines team, which serves the following counties:
Call 641-842-3165 to reach our Knoxville team, which serves the following counties:
Home Care Services
EveryStep's Home care professionals can help with a variety of needs, such as:
Are you or a loved one recovering from an injury or surgery or learning to live with orthopedic, neurological, pulmonary, or cardiovascular disorders? EveryStep Home Care's services can help restore the health and functional skills that enable patients to regain their quality of life and participate in daily activities at home, school, work, and in the community.
We help our patients follow their doctor's directions for rehabilitation, assisting them through prescribed exercises and practices to help them regain their strength and recover. Common rehabilitative needs include:
- General medical and post-surgical care provided by a skilled, registered nurse.
- Joint replacement therapy and recovery from orthopedic surgery.
- Neurological or cognitive rehabilitation (recovery from stroke, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, or other issues).
- Physical therapy to improve mobility and range of motion, increase muscle strength, reduce chronic pain, and restore balance and coordination to reduce the likelihood of falls and tripping.
- Occupational therapy to assist with restoring independence with everyday living and household tasks such as eating, grooming, and dressing.
- Speech therapy to assist adults in regaining the ability to communicate, with difficulty swallowing or with memory problems.
- Home health aide assistance with activities of daily living.
EveryStep Home Care's infusion or IV (intravenous) therapy allows you or your loved one to receive the vital medicines and fluids you need at home instead of in the hospital. Home infusion/IV therapy is safe and effective.
EveryStep Home Care offers (but is not limited to) the following types of infusion/IV therapies:
- Enteral nutrition.
- Antibiotic therapy.
- Hydration therapy.
- Pain management.
- Immunotherapy (IVIG) therapy.
- Hemophilia replacement factors.
We will help to ensure that home infusion therapy is safe for you. Our highly trained and specialized nurses will monitor your care and provide education and training related to your IV therapy to you and your family.
If you are recovering from surgery or injury, your wounds may require special care to speed healing and avoid infection. Following are some common wound care needs EveryStep Home Care can help address:
- Vascular ulcers.
- Diabetic ulcers.
- Surgical wounds.
- Skin breakdown due to incontinence.
EveryStep Home Care's nurses and other professionals can:
- Assess wounds and related risk factors.
- Teach patients and family caregivers preventative measures.
- Teach wound care procedures and how to manage them.
- Connect patients with resources for pressure-release devices and rehabilitation.
Ostomy patients need support and education to help them adjust to life with a stoma. With our one-on-one care and attention from trained nurses, patients receive the help they need to live comfortably at home. Following are common conditions which EveryStep Home Care can help address:
- Gastrostomy tubes.
EveryStep Home Care's professionals can:
- Provide post-operative education and instruction for the patient and caregiver on ostomy care.
- Offer education on treatment and prevention of peristomal skin breakdown.
Physical therapy can help you move freely again when a part of your body is hurting. EveryStep Home Care nurses and other professionals work closely with your doctor to address your specific needs, such as improving your walking, balance, pain relief, range-of-motion, posture, strength, and mobility. You'll receive education on what movements and habits to avoid. You will also be taught exercises to safely do on your own, all with the goal of helping you regain independence. Physical therapy is common for individuals with:
- Arthritis and joint pain.
- Joint replacements.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Gait and balance disorders.
- Stroke, head injuries, or neurological diseases.
Occupational therapy helps patients regain the ability to do usual daily activities by themselves, such as eating and putting on clothes. EveryStep Home Care professionals may offer occupational therapy in conjunction with other treatments for conditions such as:
- Stroke/neurological disorders.
- Joint replacements.
- Visual impairments.
- Fractures of upper and lower extremities.
Speech-language pathology services include exercises to regain and strengthen speech and language skills. Patients with communication and swallowing conditions can receive a variety of services that help them find independence. EveryStep Home Care offers speech therapy services to patients who have conditions such as:
- Stroke/neurological disorders.
- Swallowing disorders.
- Head trauma.
Multiple medications prescribed by a variety of doctors can be difficult to manage. EveryStep Home Care nurses and other professionals can help you or a loved one by:
- Assisting with the medication plan of care.
- Monitoring how well your medications are working.
- Providing education regarding medications.
- Reviewing all current medications and working with doctors to prevent any potentially dangerous drug interactions.
With help from EveryStep Home Care, you or your loved one can remain independent and healthy at home. Our nurses and therapists can come to your home to show you the best ways to care for your chronic disease or injury. We will communicate with your doctor regularly so you’ll know that your care team is coordinating the best approach for your health needs.
Following are some of the chronic diseases and conditions that EveryStep Home Care is skilled at addressing:
- Heart failure: EveryStep Home Care helps patients as they recover from heart attacks and heart bypass surgery. We also assist clients who are learning to manage heart failure or addressing other cardiac concerns.
- Cancer: Our professionals help patients with pain and symptom management, rehabilitation, nutrition, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
- Stroke: Our skilled nursing and rehabilitation staff help recovering stroke patients and their caregivers manage the transition from hospital to home after a stroke. Our team provides patients and caregivers with needed skills to recover lost abilities. We also provide education about the warning signs and risk factors for strokes.
- Diabetes: Living with diabetes is easier with coaching and educational materials from our team of professionals. They teach the patient and family how to adopt behaviors that will make living with diabetes easier. Our nurses teach diabetic patients to regularly monitor blood sugar and to recognize complications associated with diabetes.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): EveryStep Home Care nurses can teach patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) – and their caregivers – how to maintain their lung health and recognize risks for re-hospitalization. While there is no cure for COPD, there are treatments that can effectively ease symptoms, cut the risk of complications, and improve a patient’s quality of life. EveryStep Home Care helps patients and their caregivers manage symptoms and ensure that the home is a safe and symptom-free environment.