Play and Learn
UPDATE: With so many viruses and germs going around, all Play and Learns are temporarily suspended until further notice. This is a precautious, preventative measure. Please continue visiting this page for updated information regarding Play and Learn closures. To view information about cancellations and rescheduling regarding EveryStep program and events, please visit www.everystep.org/about/covid19.
Want to connect with other caregivers in the Des Moines area? Looking for play ideas to get your kids ready and stay ready for school? Join us for child-directed, open ended, playful learning activities designed for you to stay and play with your child ages 0 – 8 years old (school ages welcome). Every family receives a book and a healthy snack at each session. Consider joining us for any session of Play and Learn in central Iowa! Times, dates, and locations are listed below.
Days & Locations - Spring 2020
- Mondays (9:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.): Monroe School, 2250 30th Street, Des Moines, IA 50310
- Tuesdays (9:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.): Jessie Franklin Taylor Learning Center, 1801 16th Street, Des Moines, IA 50314
- Second Tuesday each month (1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.): Altoona WIC, 1701 8th Street SW, Altoona, IA 50009
- Thursdays (9:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.): Woodlawn Education Center, 4000 Lower Beaver Road, Des Moines, IA 50310
- Fridays (9:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.): McKee Education Center, 2116 E 39th Ct, Des Moines, IA 50317
- First and third Fridays each month (9:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.): River Plaza, 2300 Euclid Avenue, Suite D, Des Moines, IA 50310
Closures: Play and Learn will be closed during spring break March 16-20.
For more information, call Aaron Shore at 515-305-0408. See upcoming Play and Learn sessions, as well as other EveryStep events, by visiting our calendar.
For a limited time, Play and Learn is offering free books to families in Polk County, Iowa (while supplies last). Please submit one form per family, and provide all required information. Books are designed for kids ages 0 to 5 and will be delivered through the mail.